Start Service Applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 4:45 PM at our office located at 315 Tasker Road, Stephens City, Virginia. Property Owners can apply online (see below).
Frederick Water requires at least one (1) business day notice to begin service. If you require same-day service, a $75.00 same-day fee will be due and payable at the time of application.
Please provide the following information:
- A government-/state-issued picture identification (e.g. license, ID, passport).
- An account application fee of $40.00 is required for all new accounts. Payment is due at the time of application.
- Tenants are required to pay a $300 deposit when establishing their account. The deposit will be held until the tenant’s account is closed and then applied to the final bill. This practice minimizes the potential payment liability of the property owner. The deposit may be waived for tenants who receive need based local, state, or federal rental assistance. Documentation may be submitted along with the Tenant Authorization Form.
- Tenant Authorization Form, if applicable. CLICK HERE FOR THE TENANT AUTHORIZATION FORM. *If you are a Homeowner and wish for a tenant to start service at your property, you must complete the Tenant Authorization Form prior to a tenant starting service.*
- Realtors/Businesses/Owner Representatives – A notarized letter from the owner or officer of the company stating that the person appearing may act on behalf of real estate company, business or owner and place service in and bill said real estate company, business or owner.
- Property Manager – A fully executed copy of the property management/owner agreement is required.
We require at least one business day notice to end service. You can stop service online by choosing the link below or you can download the Stop Service Form and email to Customerservice@frederickwater.com or you can submit by mail.
All changes to the Stop Service date must also be submitted in writing.