Frederick Water is a public water and sewer utility that has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Engineer.
This position will plan and design multidiscipline projects consisting of water/wastewater treatment and collection/distribution systems. Work to improve recycling, waste disposal, public health, and water and air pollution control. Capable of performing the technical design and/or hydraulic modeling requirements on water/wastewater projects and collaborating with the Frederick Water team.
Typical tasks will consist of but not limited to:
Assist in creating and further developing a digital water and sewer model for Frederick Water’s conveyance systems. Assist in reviewing site plans and other design documents for compliance with Frederick Water specifications and standards and general principles of sound engineering. Work with water and wastewater treatment plant staff to resolve operational challenges as needed. Perform field tests on Frederick Water system components, including fire hydrant testing and verifying flow rates and pressures at sanitary pump stations. Provide construction management on Frederick Water projects such as the construction of elevated storage tanks, water lines, and gravity sewer lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Engineer In Training (EIT) designation is a minimum requirement for this position (timeframe for completion to be discussed with supervisor once hired).
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Employment is contingent on passing a background check and drug screen.
Frederick Water offers competitive salaries and benefits.
It’s a great place to work and grow!
Salary range: $60,000-$70,000 DOQ